Principal Engineer - Cockpit ElectronicsApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 19 Apr 2022
Principal Engineer - Cockpit Electronics
Shift: Days – 40 hours per week
We are looking for a Principal Engineer – Cockpit Electronics to be responsible for development and delivery of state-of-the-art cockpit electronics to current and future road car programmes.
The Cockpit Electronics team is responsible for the specification, development, test, and delivery of all cockpit electronics systems, which includes developing system requirements, supplier management, test case and procedure creation, manual test execution, as well as supporting the Infotainment and Cockpit Electronics Manager in proof-of-concept development and business reviews. The key areas of responsibility are over seeing audio, displays, antennae systems, and switches.
The position requires a highly motivated and hands-on team player with an exceptional attention to detail, diligence, and a positive attitude. The fast-paced development and bespoke target platform provide a challenging environment suited to an engineer who can quickly develop skills in new areas and liaise with other engineers within a multidisciplinary team.
The duties and responsibilities of the Principal Engineer - Cockpit Electronics :
- Oversee a team of engineers, leading the development of the roadmap for each of the functions under their responsibility
- Write detailed system specifications for cockpit electronics features
- Lead integration of cockpit electronics systems and features with the overall vehicle architecture
- Manage the development of multiple hardware and software suppliers to deliver cockpit electronics features on time, on cost, and within quality and functional specifications
- Report on current activities, software status and issues at a business level
- Develop and co-ordinate DVP plans for all areas associated with cockpit electronics software and hardware.
- Ensure and sign-off launch readiness of features for production
- Test road cars with the latest features and content before release.
- Assist with fault finding and root cause analysis of software and hardware failures.
- Report bugs and create test reports
- Drive issue resolution with hardware and software suppliers
- Take responsibility for resolving cockpit electronics issues on current production vehicles.
The ideal Principal Engineer - Cockpit Electronics:
- Several years of work experience in development and delivery of electrical and electronic systems for automotive applications
- Proven experience in one or more of the following areas – audio systems, infotainment systems, display design, switch design, antennae systems, etc.
- Experience of the Systems Development Lifecycle (V Model); writing system requirements, defining test cases, and writing test procedures.
- Ability to produce formal documentation to a professional standard.
- Be well versed in the creation and maintenance of DFMEA's
- Organised, systematic and understand the process of fault finding.
- Knowledge of CAN/LIN/Ethernet and related tools such as CANoe/CANalyzer
- Familiar with issue tracking tools (Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla etc.)
- Ability to effectively manage time between multiple projects and prioritise
- Approachable and able to oversee a team of ambitious engineers.
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours when required.
- A clean driving record
- Passion for the automotive industry, technology, and/or infotainment would be advantageous
To show your interest in the Principal Engineer - Cockpit Electronics role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.