Principal EE ArchitectApply Now
Salary: £58k - 72k per year
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 01 Dec 2021
Principal EE Architect
Shift: Days – 45 hours per week
9am - 6pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £58,000 - £72,000 per annum
Principal EE Architect required to join a well-established company based in Woking on a permanent basis.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for producing luxury performance vehicles. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
Purpose of Role
- Electronic Systems are a key element characterising the performance and attributes of our cars. The features and applications we develop are fundamental for the performance of the vehicles, and highly influencing our customers’ perception of the quality of our products.
- We have a brand new high-performance Zonal Electrical and Electronic Architecture, embedding cutting-edge technologies such as Ethernet backbone, Over-The-Air software update, Cybersecurity, AUTOSAR.
- The E/E Architecture is designed to host complex electronic systems, such as Hybrid Powertrain systems, fine Chassis controls, luxury Body/Comfort systems, advanced HMI, state-of-the-art ADAS, Connectivity systems.
- The Principal E/E Architect coordinates a high-performing team successfully delivering the hardware and software Architecture of Automotive vehicles.
- With exposure to a variety of systems and platforms across programmes, the Principal E/E Architect is responsible for design and implementation of the whole-vehicle E/E architecture, systems interactions, and distributed functionality.
Principal EE Architect role:
- Lead the activities coordinating the design of the systems in the development of new Architectures for the assigned vehicle programmes
- Deliver the PREEvision models for the hardware layers across programmes, in line with the Architecture plan
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for the electrical systems integration into the E/E Architecture, with particular focus on the hardware aspects
- Manage the planning of the delivery of the E/E Architecture across programmes, with particular attention to timing for delivering new systems and features, in the design, proof of concept, and development phases
- Manage the internal and external resources, building a team well integrated in the development processes, with attention to the personal development of the individuals and team effectiveness
Principal EE Architect
- Electrical or Automotive engineering degree 2:1, or above ideally
- Significant working experience with vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and software
- Significant hands-on experience of design and development of automotive electrical components, and their integration in a vehicle E/E Architecture, including all aspects of hardware-software system integration, mechanical, packaging, environmental, D&D costs and timing, and performance
- Previous experience with Architecture design tools, such as PREEvision
- Team leadership skills, to be recognised by a wide development team as a reference point for the assigned vehicle programmes.