Prep Paint Polish TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £14 - 16 per hour
Location: Rochester, Kent
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 11 Feb 2021
PREP PAINT POLISH TECHNICIAN
A large and well-established company are seeking a Prep Paint Polish Technician to join their team in Rochester, Kent on an ongoing contracting basis.
Our client, an experienced car marketplace with an impressive history spanning nearly 70 years, are currently looking for an experienced Prep Paint Polish Technician to join the Bodyshop Team to assist in the full rectification of used vehicles back to manufacturer and company standards.
The successful Prep Paint Polish Technician will have experience within a body-shop environment working with a range of makes and models of light vehicles and be confident in all aspects of preparation, masking, priming, painting and oven rectification. The experienced Prep Paint Polish Technician will ideally be qualified to Level 3 standards in a relevant automotive discipline.
As a company that prides itself on excellent service and advice, with large workshops and friendly experts trained to deliver to a variety of manufacturer standards, our client continually pushes the boundaries redefining the benchmark for excellence. We are therefore looking for likeminded individuals who will strive for excellence to join an industry leading team.
The successful Prep Paint Polish Technician will be highly skilled in:
- Panel and wheel preparation
- SMART repair
- Paintless dent removals
- Masking of panels and wheels
- Paint mixing, matching and tinting
- Spray painting
- Paint flattening
- Polishing and mopping
- Oven rectification
The ideal Prep Paint Polish Technician will have:
- At least a City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in and automotive disciple
- Experience within a body shop environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to achieve tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as shifts and overtime will be required
- Full UK driving licence (6 points maximum)
Working Hours: approx. 48 hours per week
Shift pattern 4 on 4 off across 7 days per week.
£14.00 - £16.00 per hour