Pneumatics Controls EngineerApply Now
Salary: £27 - 30 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 05 Oct 2021
Pneumatics Controls Engineer
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: up to £35 per hour DOE
This opportunity for a Pneumatics Controls Engineer is with a well-known automotive manufacturer and will be responsible for the Design of Pneumatics Controls for Assembly Fixtures, Robot Cells & complete Automated Lines / Factories.
The technology areas you will be expected to support are Body In White, Paint, Trim & Final, Engine Manufacturing Centre, Batteries and Drives and Pallet Design.
Key Information for this role:
In this role you will receive the a design, including the schemed out pneumatic elements and will be responsible for designing these pneumatic elements. You will be creating a Peneumatic Control Plan (P-Plan), designing the kinematics and creating lists of commodities required. You will be responsible for designing pneumatic circuits, proving this out at the design stage and then specify the specifics (Valves, Air Flow, Air Flow Locks etc).
Pneumatics Controls Engineer Skills required:
- Wide range of previous Pneumatic Controls experiences
- Pneumatic Controls Diagram (P-Plan) generation
- Ability to size and chose all the pneumatic items part of pneumatic diagram
- Ability to generate associated BOM for pneumatic designed.
- Ability to detect any malfunctions in existing pneumatic systems and propose an alternative option.
- Ability to optimize the pneumatic systems to increase the working parameters and reduce air consumption.
- Catia V5 knowledge
- Ability to generate and resolve Design Snags and Issues.
- Buy Offs and Handover. To manage buy-off and hand-over of tooling designs with Customers.
- Cost & feasibility studies in support of engineering change proposals
- Ability to assess both internal and external designs with respect to total lifetime Value For Money Assessment (for Design, Industrialisation and Production).
- Ability to collaborate to produce (Collision Free) Tool Collision Studies.
- Vendor Design Experience would be beneficial
- Electrical Controls Engineer (E Plan) would be beneficial
We’re looking to speak with suitable Pneumatics Controls Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team