Plastics Technical LeadApply Now
Salary: £24 - 25 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 28 Apr 2021
Role: Plastics Technical Lead
Location: Castle Brom
Contract type: Ongoing contract
- Manage the design, development, and manufacturing of tooling for the manufacturing department.
- This will cover tooling for injection moulding, reaction injection moulding, polyurethane gravity casting and vacuum forming.
- The role will involve coordinating with customers to determine requirements and engaging with designers (both internal and outsourced) and tool makers, to deliver tools on time and to the required quality for the plastics manufacturing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand customer requirements and help them select the best manufacturing process.
- Work with designers to optimise part designs and develop tools.
- Work with tool room to manufacture tools including setting quality standards and buying off new tools.
- Coordinate repairs of tools when required.
- Manage the build schedule and prioritise work to ensure customer delivery dates are required.
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the tool meets quality standards.
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Prioritize workflow through effective communication with management staff.
- Ability to coordinate the work of a number of internal and external teams.
- Experience working with plastics mould tooling and able to inspect the work of others.
- Able to provide practical input into the designs of tools to improve quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Specific technical or vocational training or certification preferred.
- Work in a team environment and respect all teammates.
Non-Essential Bonus Experience
- Pallet manufacturing experience
- CAD experience (preferably CATIA)