Performance Vehicle TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £30k per year + BENEFITS
Location: Towcester, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 01 May 2019
Reference: 4307 - KA
Apex Recruitment are seeking a Performance Vehicle Technician to join an established workshop team based in Towcester paying a salary in the region of £30,000 per annum.
Apex Recruitment are working with a well established and UK famous racing circuit boasting a heritage from the 1940’s bringing an old airfield from surplus land to its British glory as a major racetrack. Now home to international and British motorsport bringing a sense of pride to Britain across a range of events and products.
They are now seeking to recruit an experienced Performance Vehicle Technician to join their pro-active and influential team within a fast-paced workshop, to provide a well-maintained fleet of prestige, high-profile experience cars to supply events and driving experiences in line with schedules and demand.
In return for experience and hard work, the Performance Vehicle Technician will benefit from a salary in the region of £30,000 per annum for a 40 hour per week contract offering flexibility to working hours as well as additional benefits to include free passes to a range of events and showcases across the company.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Performance Vehicle Technician and Motorsport enthusiast to excel within a hands-on mechanical position working on top of the range products.
- To maintain vehicles in accordance to maintenance schedules and plans
- Conduct vehicle inspections, fault diagnosis and mechanical repairs
- To prepare vehicles to agreed technical and presentational standards
- Contribute to financial aims and budgetary targets
- Be responsible for vehicle bay related activity in accordance to Company housekeeping standards and Health and Safety at Work standards.
- To professionally and conscientiously work as part of the team to contribute to departmental aims and maintain business working relationship with customers and visitors as well as the wider team
- Act as a company ambassador to customers offering advice and information as required
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 3 in a Motor Vehicle Engineering / Maintenance & Repair discipline (essential)
- Prestige or Sports cars experience
- Clean UK driving licence
- Flexible approach
- Dedicated and ambitious
- Strong customer service skills
- Good team working
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Clear and articulate in written and spoken communication
- Welding and fabrication experience (desirable)
Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 17.00pm / 9.00am – 17.30pm
Candidates must be flexible to work weekends (essential) – Overtime / Lieu days offered