Parts Quality Engineer / Resident SQA EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 04 Aug 2022
Parts Quality Engineer / Resident SQA Engineer
Contract – 6-months
We are currently recruiting for a Parts Quality Engineer / Resident SQA Engineer for an Automotive Supercar OEM, on an initial 6-month contract basis. The Parts Quality Engineer / Resident SQA Engineer will be responsible for tackling supplier quality issues impacting production. This role bridges between the activities of the parts quality inspection team (Hotline, NCP, RTV) and the SQA site team.
The Parts Quality Engineer / Resident SQA Engineer role:
- Collect together cost recovery data for all suppliers and produce weekly, monthly reports to circulate to Quality & SQA Management.
- Analyse Hotline activity for key trends in supplier quality performance.
- Governance of Supplier Level 0 performance with escalation to Level 1 of topics requiring Supplier support/Resident SQA focus, and escalation of poor performance to SQA/Quality Management.
- Scope, specify and support the delivery of best practices (e.g., OSR process, Power BI reporting, rigorous meeting cadence) in alignment with both brand and plant expectations.
- Management of the supplied parts “test plan” list to ensure correct application of inspection processes/requirements for incoming parts.
- Governance of correct NCP management processes (including RTV) & corresponding SAP inventory levels.
- Ownership of KPI & scorecard reporting for Quality Operations at both a local and plant level.
- Provide tooling and inspection equipment, maintaining spare tooling levels (within Parts Quality) to ensure Quality processes can always be carried out .
- Track calibration of all Parts Quality calibrated tooling.
The Parts Quality Engineer / Resident SQA Engineer Accountabilities:
Health and Safety
- Support the implementation and ongoing use of safe working practices, including the correct specification/use of PPE.
- Support in the investigation of near misses and accidents.
- Governance of all RAMS by third party and suppliers on site, ensuring records are maintained for audit purposes
- Support the specification of ‘smart’ quality targets, and ensure they are correctly reported and achieved.
- Distribute Supplier Monthly Performance Metrics to SQA, Purchasing and Quality
- Compile and maintain all Parts Inspection ‘test plans’ and support processes
- Proactively update inspection processes and lists according to received customer data (MPA, PDI, 0-3MIS Warranty)
- Support problem solving initiatives (e.g., Level 0 & escalation to Level 1), ensuring all costs captured and appropriate Resident SQA support @ Level 1.
- Implement customer containment actions and support Q-Spill / Gate Hold activities when needed
- Support all departmental CI initiatives and project manage when needed
- Support layout and inventory controls in PQ Area
- Support the maintenance and update & any required investigation of vehicle traceability data, including the ‘MVP’
- Manage cost recovery process for supplied parts concerns in plant.
- Assist the control of other cost drivers for the Quality department
- Initiate cost control and cost improvement activities
- Conduct work studies to routinely balance and improve efficiency within PQ
- Support in the achievement of the departmental budget
- Raise and progress Purchase Requisitions and Orders on behalf of Quality Operations
The ideal Parts Quality Engineer / Resident SQA Engineer:
- Excellent motivational, coaching and leadership skills
- An understanding of niche / low volume vehicle brand requirements
- A good working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- A thorough understanding of process design and compilation
- An ability to build a cross functional network needed to get the job done
- A thorough knowledge of problem solving (8D, PPS)
- The ability to manage others without direct responsibility for them
- An ability to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority is essential
- Determination to drive forward the business to “Best in Class” performance standards in line with brand expectations
To show your interest in this Parts Quality Engineer / Resident SQA Engineer role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.