Parts ControllerApply Now
Salary: £22k - 24k per year
Location: Chipping Warden, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 06 Sep 2021
An experienced Parts controller required based in Chipping Warden on a Permanent basis benefitting from a salary of £22-24k per annum depending on experience.
Our client is a provider of integrated support services to automotive brands and fleets all over Europe including mechanical work, pre-delivery inspections and new vehicle deliveries, working with 18 of the UK’s leading car manufacturers.
This position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Working with an internal team the parts controller will aid with the day to day running of a fleet of vehicles, ensuring that they are legally compliant and roadworthy. They will also communicate with the parts manufacturer and warranty help desks to answer queries and any issues. The successful parts controller will have excellent communication skills and some vehicle knowledge.
Key responsibilities of the parts controller:
- Review warranty claims, following through to completion and payment.
- Communicate directly with parts manufacturer and warranty helpdesks around any queries and issues
- Return any defective parts quickly and efficiently, arrange delivery of replacements or receipt of credit.
- Handle all warranty requests in compliance with both company standards and legal requirements.
- Use of inhouse Assetcare system to ensure all parts orders are tracked efficiently.
- Build and maintain relationships with a network of parts suppliers.
- Use parts diagrams and own understanding of vehicles to recognise parts required
- Working closely with technician team the parts controller will ensure accurate part identification.
- Visiting 3rd party supplier sites to collect parts as and when required.
- Attend manufacturer parts and warranty training courses as and when required.
- Maintain and manage a stock of workshop consumables, making sure the technical team always have the required items available to them.
- Support with elements of Workshop health and safety including managing appropriate removal of hazardous waste such as oil, ensuring health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Be responsible for housekeeping and paperwork within your work area.
- Support with workshop administration, damage and insurance control and cover holiday or absence periods.
- To carry out other appropriate duties when required.
Desired parts controller qualities:
- Previous experience in a workshop environment
- Experience working in the automotive or logistics sector
- Understanding of manufacturer parts and warranty systems
- Excellent communication skill both verbal and written with ability to respond to escalated complaints efficiently and effectively
- Strong computer skills and the ability to produce and interpret various reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good vehicle knowledge, including some parts understanding
- A logical and methodical approach to work with the ability to multi-task
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on effective and economic efficiency
- Have great organisational skills
- Can build and maintain relationships with internal and external teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize
For consideration, apply now!