Parts Advisor / Parts ControllerApply Now
Salary: £20k - 25k per year + BENEFITS
Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 16 May 2019
Reference: 4338 - KA
A highly regarded Classic Car company with an international reputation for car restoration are looking for a talented Parts Advisor to join their team in Bridgnorth, offering the right candidate a salary in the region of £20,000 - £25000 per annum (negotiable upon experience).
This position is ideal for Classic car enthusiasts with an eye for detail, who take pride in their work and have exceptional eye for detail and product knowledge! In return for your hard work you will receive the security of a permanent position within an established and successful company, a competitive salary, a fantastic pension scheme, bonus schemes, 28 days holiday AND overtime paid at uplifted rates of pay.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled technicians, assisting with parts requirements within stores for the service, maintenance, and restoration of customer's classic vehicles. Alongside the restoration business the department is also responsible for recreating vintage vehicles and maintaining collections of classic vehicles.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Goods in, receiving deliveries
- Checking the automotive parts delivered against despatch notes
- Booking goods into an in-house computer system
- Methodical allocation of automotive parts to create parts kits
- Decanting of automotive parts into separate containers
- Issuing of automotive parts to technicians
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Will ideally have some knowledge of automotive parts
- Experience of receiving and checking delivered goods, ideally automotive parts
- Ability to use in-house computer systems
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team, to achieve deadlines
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety stakeholder internally and externally
- Organised, Methodical, Self-motivated, Proactive and Reliable
- Flexible attitude towards working hours/location/travel
- Must recognise safe workshop practices, including Health & Safety
40 hours per week, however, start time and finish times are flexible between the following hours:
Monday to Friday: 7.30am-5.30pm
Overtime may be available throughout the year and is paid at time and a half once 40 hours has been completed Monday-Friday.