Paint TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £19.12 - 22.27 per hour + Overtime
Location: Honiley, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 17 May 2021
Reference: 4885 - KA
Experienced Paint Technician required for an ongoing contract based in Fen End, benefiting from an hourly rate of £19.12 - £22.27 per hour.
Our client is a leading automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles who strive to push the boundaries of innovation and set the benchmark for achieving excellence and high standards for their two iconic brands.
They are currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified Paint Technician to join their team in Fen End working on prestige, private and confidential, VIP, press, event and show cars. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an ever-growing company where quality supersedes speed and perfection is top of the list.
This role is offered on an initial 6-month contract basis with long-term opportunities available for the right candidates. Candidates must hold a Level 3 qualification in a relevant discipline alongside an Apprenticeship and be able to provide proof of certification.
The role of a Paint Technician will require you to use a broad range of paint and finishing skills including; paint preparation, spray painting, tinting and colouring. The ideal Paint Technician will be experienced in using water-based paint and competent in paint spraying techniques.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled Paint Technicians assisting with the preparation of prestige vehicles including one off vehicles for new model launches at international motor shows and large fleets of dynamic launch vehicles for media events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of panels for painting
- Colour matching and mixing of paints
- Spray painting using various spraying techniques
- Application of primers, lacquers and finishes
- Experience of working with a variety of paints including;
- Solid and two-pack paints
- Metallic paints
- Pearlescent paints
- Matte finishes
- Special paints
- Experience of working with prototype and high-end cars is desirable
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in an automotive/body discipline completed as part of an apprenticeship is essential.
- At least 5 years high-end bodywork experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexibility in working hours and location as per business needs.
- FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED (6 points maximum)
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week + Overtime.
A flexible attitude towards working hours is essential as overtime will be required:
Day Shift: Monday – Thursday: 7.30am – 16.00pm & Friday: 7.30am – 12.30pm
Days: £19.12 – £22.27 per hour
£25.61- £38.43 (Dependant on hours / days)
Please Note: This role is Inside of IR35.
The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment’s contribution to the payroll administrator’s deductions.