Paint Technician / Paint SprayerApply Now
Salary: £28.75 - 28.75 per hour
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 15 Nov 2021
Paint Technician / Paint Sprayer required to join a luxury automotive brand based in Daventry on an ongoing contract basis paying £28.75 per hour (Umbrella PAYE).
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for bespoke restorations. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none. This is a rare opportunity to join a team of master craftsmen offering the opportunity to place your name against some of the world’s most eye catching and valued road worthy vehicles whilst partnering with globally renowned organisations to deliver a company vision which surpasses expectations.
We are looking for highly skilled Paint Technicians / Paint Sprayer to join an existing team of experts with an eye for detail and a finesse to their skill. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a company where quality supersedes speed and attention to detail is paramount to deliver iconic and flawless vehicles to a bespoke number of customers.
The Paint Technician / Paint Sprayer will be responsible for the paint lifecycle of luxury vehicles working to bespoke and custom specifications. This role requires a broad range of skills including; paint preparation, spray painting, tinting and colouring ensuring the application of base coasts, primers, lacquers, finishes and various paints are flawless.
In return, the successful Paint Technician / Paint Sprayer will join an inclusive and supportive team with a great attitude and family culture within a modern bright and airy facility.
Our client is looking to place skilled Paint Technician / Paint Sprayers on an initial contracting basis, with permanent opportunities available to those who show the correct skill and team fit. Successful candidates will receive a pay rate of £28.75 per hour (Umbrella PAYE) working a Day Shift Monday to Friday with ample opportunity for overtime!
The duties and responsibilities of the Paint Technician / Paint Sprayer:
- Preparation of panels for painting including prime, prep and masking
- Carry out full re-sprays and necessary repairs using various spraying techniques
- Application of basecoats, primers, lacquers and finishes
- Working with a variety of paints including;
- Water and solvent based paints
- Clear over base paints
- Solid and two-pack paints
- Metallic paints
- 3 stage Pearlescent paints
- Matte lacquer finishes
- Special paints
- Ensuring vehicles are flawless with no drip marks, tear backs or defects
- Flattening and polishing using specialist methods
- Ensure all parts and panels are audited with relevant sign off.
- Strip and assembly of vehicles where necessary
- Application of filler to repair panels where necessary.
The ideal Paint Technician / Paint Sprayer:
- Must have extensive hands-on experience of whole vehicle spray painting.
- Candidates with a classic vehicle or motorsport background would thrive in this environment.
- Experience working with high-end or luxury vehicles in desirable.
- Experience in working with Carbon Fibre
- Ability to work as a team member and follow work instructions.
- Excellent organisational skills, proficient at managing and prioritising work schedule
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to create a flawless finish
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required.
Hours: Day Shift: Monday – Thursday: 8.00am –17.00pm with the opportunity for weekday and Saturday overtime.
Pay: £28.75 per hour (Umbrella PAYE)
Please note, this role is deemed inside of IR35. The pay rate offered is inclusive of the Assignment pay rate, holiday pay and Apex Recruitments contribution towards Employer Costs.
Key Skills: Paint Technician / Paint Sprayer / Bespoke paint / Paint application / Preparation / Flat and Polish
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.