Paint Shop - Project EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25 - 26 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 02 Mar 2021
Position: Paint Shop - Project Engineer
Rate: £25-26 per hour
Hours: 40 Hours per Week
As a Paint Project Engineer you will be responsible for introduction of new facilities, materials, product lines, and current vehicle freshening programs into the Paint Shop.
You will be responsible for the support and delivery of the following elements:-
- Supporting new product introductions to the Paint Shop, this role includes but is not limited to:
- Feasibility Investigations, prototype build support, Project Planning, Facilities Engineering & modifications, Project management, Developing & maintaining master schedules, timing plans, contractor control, control of documentation issued by subcontract base etc.
- The Engineer will work closely with the Paint Production department and other Engineering disciplines to deliver programs & facility projects to cost targets and timing.
- The Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of Capital Expenditure and Project tracking, focusing on product & non-product related expenditure from project conception through to delivery, commissioning & handover to the customer in line with policies & procedures.
- Lead & partake in multifunctional new equipment procurement teams through all project phases ensuring company procurement procedures are met & adhered to.
- Track project based KPI's & make ready for report out to departmental manager on a weekly basis.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Minimum Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing / Production Engineering related experience
- Previous Project Management experience.
- Highly computer literate with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office package’s including 'MS Project’.
- Must be able to create & manipulate 2D CAD drawings using AutoCAD.
- Preferred but not essential, good working knowledge of paint facilities & systems.
- Good working knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Ability to control & manage suppliers (both material & equipment)
- Ability to control & manage project cost decks.
- Have previous experience of supplier selection and tender management.
- Have the ability to work unsupervised (at times) to a set of objectives & targets.