Paint Preparation TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £25 per hour
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 24 Nov 2021
Paint Preparation Technician required to join a luxury automotive brand based in Daventry on an ongoing contract basis paying £25.00 per hour.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for bespoke restorations. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none. This is a rare opportunity to join a team of master craftsmen offering the opportunity to place your name against some of the world’s most eye catching and valued road worthy vehicles whilst partnering with globally renowned organisations to deliver a company vision which surpasses expectations.
We are looking for highly skilled Paint Preparation Technicians to join an existing team of experts with an eye for detail and a finesse to their skill. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a company where quality supersedes speed and attention to detail is paramount to deliver iconic and flawless vehicles to a bespoke number of customers.
The Paint Preparation Technician will be responsible for carrying out all paint preparation work including masking, filing, grinding, sanding and filling to precise standards prior to a vehicle moving to the paint application process.
In return, the successful Paint Preparation Technician will join an inclusive and supportive team with a great attitude and family culture within a modern bright and airy facility.
Our client is looking to place skilled Paint Preparation Technician on an initial contracting basis, with permanent opportunities available to those who show the correct skill and team fit. You will be working a Day Shift Monday to Friday with ample opportunity for overtime!
The duties and responsibilities of the Paint Preparation Technician:
- Clean and inspect vehicles highlighting any flaws or faults prior to painting
- Prepare vehicles for paint application to company standards including
- Application of primer (including Polyurethane)
- Sealing primer
- Chassis paint application
- Preparing different materials including carbon fibre, steel and composites
- Application of body filler where required
- Use of hammers and dollies for minor metalwork repair
- Use of power tools and hand tools to file, grind and sand surfaces
The ideal Paint Preparation Technician:
- Must have extensive hands-on experience of whole vehicle paint preparation.
- Experience working with custom of restored vehicles is desirable.
- Experience in filing, sanding and grinding
- Experience in filler application.
- Ability to work as a team member and follow work instructions.
- Excellent organisational skills, proficient at managing and prioritising work schedule
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to create a flawless finish
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required.
Hours: Day Shift: Monday – Thursday: 8.00am –17.00pm with the opportunity for weekday and Saturday overtime.
Pay: £25 per hour
Please note, this role is deemed inside of IR35.
Key Skills: Prep and Prime Technician / Prep and Prime / Bespoke paint / Paint application / Preparation / Flat and Polish
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.