Package and Ergonomics EngineerApply Now
Salary: Up to £350 / day D.O.E.
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 01 Oct 2021
Reference: P&EE - DB
Package and Ergonomics Engineer
Location: Woking, Surrey
Contract length: 6 months (potential for rolling contract)
Pay Rate: Up to £350 per day
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Package and Ergonomics Engineer to join a well-known, high-end automotive manufacturer in Woking on a full time basis (40 hours per week) for up to £350 per day depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be working with the Head of Package & Ergonomics to achieve attribute deliverables. Occasional travel will be required as part of the role.
Package and Ergonomics Engineer Duties:
- Hard point model creation and maintenance and issuing them to the design team
- Review styling themes and engineering concept against attribute criteria
- Maintain objective data during the concept stage of the programme
- Be able to run small POC activities, to prove out concept ideas.
- To be an active member of the subjective assessment team, to understand feedback and objectivise results.
- Producing reports to highlight packaging issues and progress.
- Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable hard point package and generation of critical package sections.
- Using CATIA V5 to validate Legislation & passive Safety compliance throughout the vehicle design phase.
- Using CAD Methods to review Ergo / Package Attributes and develop design solutions to issues.
- Benchmarking competitor vehicles using scan data and dimensional databases.
- Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable concept packages for all areas of the interior and exterior.
Package and Ergonomics Engineer skills and experience:
- Education to Degree level preferred
- Relevant Automotive experience of high-end or niche vehicles preferred.
- Proficient in solid modelling and surfacing using a 3D CAD system – CATIA V5 essential
- Ability to support design decisions with appropriate hand calculations
- Good understanding of mechanical design requirements for typical automotive applications e.g., fastening systems, sealing solutions, manufacturing techniques.
- Good working appreciation of ergonomic requirements for occupant and control positioning.
- Knowledge of legal & passive safety requirements to support vehicle design.
- Good broad knowledge of all Vehicle Systems and components with an understanding of Vehicle Integration.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Package and Ergonomics Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team