PU Mould Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: £23 - 24 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 28 Apr 2021
Role: PU Mould Design Engineer
Location: Castle Bromwich
Contract type: Ongoing contract
- The PU mould designer will be assigned polyurethane part designs that require moulding.
- They will then perform simple part modifications and create a form mould that will allow the part to be moulded.
- They will then produce engineering drawings of the mould for our tool room to manufacture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all designs are prepared for manufacturing in good time.
- Use CATIA to perform simple part modifications and create a form mould.
- Understand manufacturing tolerances and design moulds to accommodate these.
- Optimise designs to reduce cost and manufacturing time.
- Work with the production team to make sure moulds are usable and make required design changes to enable production to run at rate.
- Use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Perform and create quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards and functionality.
- Prioritize workflow through effective communication with management staff.
- Experience working with CAD (preferably CATIA)
- IT skills: excel, word, power point and MS Project.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- HNC or higher-level qualification in a relevant field preferred