PLC ProgrammerApply Now
Salary: £32.50 - 33.00 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 25 Jan 2021
£32.50 - £33.00 per hour
PLC Programmer required to join a leading Manufacturing Engineering department in Solihull.
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced PLC Programmer to join their team based in Solihull.
The PLC Programmer will be responsible for the development of PLC, Interfaces, and all related controls to company standards for all upper body inner zones on new and existing vehicle lines. Experienced within an automotive environment the PLC Programmer will have experience in DCP programming and commissioning and be confident in fault finding and resolutions.
Duties and Responsibilities of the PLC Programmer
- Creating formal documentation for software related tasks (DCP Programming / Code Checkers, Progress Reports, Testing schedules, safety buy offs, validation, SPL’s etc.)
- Adherence to company software standards
- IP Address allocations
- SICK safety equipment programming
- Programming and development of HMI’s applications in line with company standards
- FACMON commissioning
- Fault finding and resolution.
- Commissioning of required additional equipment over base program requirements.
- PLC scheduling / data transfer PLC - PLC as and where required.
Required Skills of the PLC Programmer
- Rockwell guard Logix trained.
- DCP ACA Or Rockwell accreditation
- SICK MicroScan 3 accreditation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in DCP programming and commissioning working to specifications.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an automotive environment