PDI TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £12 per hour
Location: Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 09 Jan 2019
Reference: 4266 KA
Position: PDI Technician (Pre-Delivery Technician)
Location: Upper Heyford, Bicester
Our client, an experienced car marketplace with an impressive history spanning nearly 70 years, is currently looking for a PDI Technician (Pre-Delivery Technician) with a structured and methodical approach. Joining a small team to work on a variety of new and nearly new cars, you must be able to do all aspects of Pre Delivery Inspection to a high standard. The successful candidate will take pride in working on whole vehicles.
As a company that prides itself on excellent service and advice, with large state of the art workshops and friendly experts trained to deliver to a variety of manufacturer standards, our client continually pushes the boundaries redefining the benchmark for excellence. We’re therefore looking for a likeminded individual who will strive for excellence to join an industry leading team.
The PDI Technician (Pre-Delivery Technician) will be required to do the following:
- Examine returning cars for damage.
- Visually inspect paint and body work of cars.
- Carry out tyre pressure assessments.
- Identify recalls by checking manufacturers systems.
- Where recall issues arise, the PDI Technician is required to communicate with other team members on these issues.
- Reset issues where necessary (reset radio etc).
- Carry out under bonnet level checks.
- Work closely with team members for raise jobs as they arise.
- Report additional repair or safety issues to the workshop supervisor or manager that require further work and cost.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of working in a busy repair workshop
- Preferably qualified at NVQ or C&G in a relevant motor trade qualification
- Willing to undertake a level 2 qualification if unqualified
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Stays calm in a fast paced high volume environment
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to produce high quality work
- Logical and thorough in approach
- Understands the importance of the role to exceptional customer service
- Great team player, willing to help others
- Friendly and enthusiastic personality
- Natural problem-solver with the ability to work proactively both individually or as part of a team.