PDC TechnicianApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Chipping Warden, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Temporary
Date Listed: 12 Jul 2021
Pre-Delivery Check Technician
Main Purpose of Role
To work in the Flow Workshop as part of a small team, maintaining vehicles to specific manufacturer guidelines and ensuring that all work is completed efficiently and in keeping with the high standards and demands of the client.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Carry out vehicle health checks as part of a flow line.
- Carry out PDI’s and PDC’s in a manner that best reflects the manufacturer and their specification stated on each prep tick sheet.
- Manage own check sheet completion through use of AssetCare system on a tablet.
- Work with the Garage Support and Technician Team to promote consistent productivity in the Workshop, ensuring there is no unnecessary down time.
- Ensure the correct completion of all mechanical job-related documentation through AssetCare, reporting any issues found, any parts required, and detailing work completed.
- Detect any vehicle defects and/or symptoms of impending failure and report to our Damage Controller if repairs cannot be carried out on site.
- Occasionally as required, carry out minor repairs, servicing, and tyre replacements.
- Ensure that all company equipment and tools are kept in a clean, safe condition always and to report any shortage or damage/faulty equipment to the Technical Services Manager
- Comply with the site’s health and safety procedures and processes, including keeping the workshop area clean and wearing any relevant PPE.
- Responsibility for housekeeping within your work area.
- Carrying out other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.