NVH Senior ManagerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 10 Jan 2022
NVH Senior Manager
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Shift: Days – 45 hours per week
NVH Senior Manager required to join a well-established company based in Woking on a permanent basis.
Our client is an automotive supercar and hyper-car brand, with a global reputation for producing high performance vehicles. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
The NVH Senior Manager will have the technical and delivery responsibilities for all aspects of NVH integration, testing, and simulation.
- Be responsible for all aspects of NVH from target setting to programme sign-off, meeting programme attributes and timing targets
- Lead and coach a team of engineers to deliver their programmes and technologies
- Defining NVH targets at a whole vehicle, system & sub-system level on all programmes to ensure product aspirations are met
- Develop the department to improve capabilities in NVH integration, test, and simulation
- Lead the technical delivery of all NVH solutions on vehicle programmes
- Communicate progress and criticalities to programme management and the Chief Engineers
- Define attribute DVP and work in continual collaboration with Vehicle Engineering Managers to plan and ensure delivery of DVP activities
- Support with the continual development of the simulation methodologies to reduce development times, improve realism and test data accuracy and correlation of our tools and increase the level of cross-function/attribute integration.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with all Functional engineering teams to ensure NVH requirements are a priority design consideration
- Develop relationships with academia, software and hardware suppliers and key consultancies
NVH Senior Manager experience:
- Vast, direct OEM NVH experience in Automotive industry
- Having a strong knowledge from first principles of all elements of NVH: CAE, Squeak & Rattle, Wind Noise, Road Noise, Powertrain Noise
- Experience of NVH integration and target setting at whole vehicle and system/sub-system level
- Leader of high performance cross functional teams
- Extensive experience of automotive testing and development
- Ability to use related NVH Test engineering software such as LMS test-lab and analysis test data
- Strong vehicle evaluation and issue trouble shooting capabilities
- Experience in component release management and problem solving
- Experience of high and niche vehicle (low volume) programs
- An ability to deliver under pressure with an appetite for measured success.
NVH Senior Manager:
- Self-motivated, data driven, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on delivering on time.
- Natural leadership skills - must be both a team player and team builder
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Delivery focused, with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery
- An understanding and awareness of appropriate escalation
- The ability to motivate and focus team members and suppliers to meet all program deliverables.