Mobile Mechanic / Field-based Service TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £22k - 25k per year + BONUS
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 09 Jul 2019
Reference: 4359 - KA
Mobile Vehicle Technician / Field-based Service Technician required to join a leading commercial vehicle group based in Nottingham, paying a salary in the region of £22,000 - £25,000 PLUS a rewarding and achievable Bonus Scheme.
A UK leading franchised retail group who partners with many of the world’s best brands are seeking to recruit an experienced Mobile Vehicle Technician / Field-based Service Technician to join their team within a field-based position completing pre-booked servicing of Fleets of Vehicles.
With a dynamic and forward-thinking work ethic, you will be presentable and act as the face of the business for Fleet Customers who have pre-booked services and light repairs. You will benefit from a brand-new Company Van with the additional benefit of a full tool kit supplied in order to travel to a pre-arranged and safe working site to complete these jobs.
Our client is looking for a time served, qualified Vehicle Technician / Service Technician ideally to Level 3 NVQ (or equivalent) standards who is confident working independantly within a Mobile / Field-based position
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Travel within a 50-mile radius of the Nottingham Workshop
- Acting as the face of the business providing exceptional customer service
- Meeting customers at a pre-determined site
- Completing Servicing and Light Repairs of commercial vehicles on site
- Housekeeping of Company Van
- Manage stock level to ensure the company van is fully stocked with the required tools and parts
- Complete all relevant paperwork in accordance to work carried out
- Complete all work to the highest standards within scheduled timeframes
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations at all times
The Ideal Candidate;
- Qualified to NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 standards within an Automotive discipline
- Previous experience within a field based mechanical role (desired not essential)
- Experienced working on commercial vehicles (desired not essential)
- Presentable in appearance due to the customer facing aspect of the role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
Working Hours: Weekly rotating shifts:
Monday – Friday: 8 hours per day – Flexibility to work overtime is essential
Saturdays: 8.00am – 12.00am (on an alternate basis)
Saturday work will be undertaken at the Workshop, this will act as your opportunity to re-stock your Company Van, complete Van Housekeeping and support the workshop technicians where required.