Metrology TechnicianApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 16 May 2022
Shift: Days – 40 hours per week
Metrology Technician required to join a well-established company based in Woking on a permanent basis.
Our client is an automotive supercar and hyper-car brand, with a global reputation for producing high performance vehicles. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
Duties and responsibilities of the Metrology Technician:
- Reading drawings and following quality plans and other specifications to obtain product information
- Verifying dimensional accuracy of components and / or tooling used within the manufacturing process
- Notifying supervisor / team leader when the product fails to meet standards
- Report measurement data to the relevant internal customers
Metrology Technician experience:
- Significant level of experience in metrology / inspection
- Mechanical engineering background, preferably with experience in the Automotive or Aerospace industry
- Ability to read engineering drawings with good understanding of GD&T
- Experience in using Catia V5
- Experience in using and programming CMMs’ with PC-DMIS or PolyWorks software essential
- Experience in using portable measuring equipment – Faro and Romer
- Knowledge of Delcam PowerInspect & PolyWorks software would be advantageous
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite
- City and Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Ability to work methodically and logically
- Ability to work well in a team or as an individual.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.