Metal FinisherApply Now
Salary: £18.85 - 20.89 per hour
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 25 Jul 2018
A well-established and successful company specialising in supporting numerous Automotive Clients are looking for a team of Metal Finishers to join their workforce in Coventry on a contracting basis.
Working in an exciting Prototype build environment on a range of up and coming vehicles not yet seen by the public, this is an exciting opportunity for those who take pride in their work and have a keen eye for detail to join an experienced team of Metal Finishers.
The position is based in Coventry and offers successful candidates 37 hours per week on a fantastic pay rate of £18.85ph - £20.89ph (dependant on experience). This position is offered on an initial contract basis until September 2018, making it the perfect short-term opportunity.
As a Metal Finisher you will be required to support the Sheet Metal and Assembly departments with complete exposure to various types of metals. You will be required to repair defects such as dents and scratches in the bodywork to a pristine standard to complete the final stages before inspection
Main duties and responsibilities of a Metal Finisher:
- Examining and highlighting defects in the surface of metals such as dents, scratches and paint finish
- Door outer skin finishing
- Repair surface of items to a specified cosmetic finish
- Preparation of final stage before inspection
- Use of various metal finishing techniques
- Working with quality engineers and supervisors to analysis and eliminate sources and causes of rework
- Ensuring panel quality requirements and checks are carried out as required
- Ensuring all required paperwork / labels are correctly completed and filed as necessary
The ideal candidate:
- Will have proven professional experience within a metal finish role
- Experienced within a manufacturing or automotive company
- Exposure to prototype vehicles
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good verbal, numerical and written skills
- Flexibility towards working hours to support business needs
37 hours per week
Monday : Thursday – 7.00am – 3.30pm
Friday – 7.00am – 12.00pm
For more information Apply now to discuss the role with a member of our team!