Mechanical Road TesterApply Now
Salary: £13 per hour
Location: Rochester, Kent
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 11 Feb 2021
MECHANICAL ROAD TESTER
A large and well-established company are seeking a Mechanical Road Tester to join their team in Rochester, Kent on an ongoing contracting basis.
Our client, an experienced car marketplace with an impressive history spanning nearly 70 years, are currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Road Tester to join the Quality Team to assist in the full rectification and repair of vehicles back to manufacturer and company standards.
The successful Mechanical Road Tester will have experience within a workshop environment working with a range of makes and models of light vehicles and be confident in all aspects of mechanical repair, fault finding and fault rectification. The experienced Mechanical Road Tester will ideally be qualified to Level 3 standards in a relevant automotive discipline.
As a company that prides itself on excellent service and advice, with large workshops and friendly experts trained to deliver to a variety of manufacturer standards, our client continually pushes the boundaries redefining the benchmark for excellence. We are therefore looking for likeminded individuals who will strive for excellence to join an industry leading team.
- Distinguish various faults or issues while road testing a vehicle.
- Observe vehicle performance.
- Responsible for performing the final mechanical checks, on a variety of vehicles, ensuring that the correct levels of repair meet company high standards.
- Reporting findings on mechanic repairs
- Following a set-criteria for carrying out a full inspection on recently prepared vehicles
- Systematic and organised; pays attention to the finer details
THE IDEAL MECHANICAL ROAD TESTER:
- City and Guilds or NVQ or equivalent in a relative automotive discipline is desirable
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence (6 points maximum, subject to regular license checks)
- Previous hands on automotive technical experience is essential
- Knowledge of quality control processes
- Must have whole vehicle knowledge
- A methodical worker and confident driver
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage but is not essential
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
48 hours per week – Shift Pattern of 4 on 4 off
Pay rate: £13.00 per hour