Mechanical/Electrical Launch TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £25.99 - 25.99 per hour
Location: Honiley, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 19 Jul 2018
Experienced Mechanics with an electrical bias required in Fen End offering a salary of £25.99 per hour.
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit a number of experienced mechanics who have an electrical bias to join their team. These roles are offered on an ongoing, rolling contract basis with long term, permanent opportunities for the right candidates.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled mechanics and auto electricians assisting with the preparation of prestige vehicles including one off vehicles for new model launches at international motor shows and large fleets of dynamic launch vehicles for media events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carrying out whole vehicle mechanical maintenance and rectification
- Carrying out electrical fault diagnostics and rectification
- Repair or replacement of major and minor units
- Carrying out vehicle fault diagnostics
- Strip and rebuild vehicle interior trim and hardware to achieve world class fit and finish standards.
- Develop and install anti squeak and rattle packages together with wind noise or body openness solutions
- Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI)
- Diagnostic skills using in house I.T technology, Multi-meters and diagnostic test equipment
- Establish root cause of all electrical faults and ensure robust resolutions of all issues
- Conduct software download updates
- Repair of all identified electrical faults
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- At least City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 in motor vehicle repair (light or heavy) and preferably Level 3
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as shifts and overtime will be required
- Flexible attitude towards location as travel between sites may be required
- Over the age of 25 for insurance purposes
- FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED (6 points maximum)
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Shift pattern one
Monday to Thursday 5.55am-2.05pm, Friday 6am-11.20am
Shift Pattern two
Monday to Thursday 1.50pm-10pm, Friday 11.05am-4.25pm
£22.27 per hour
£25.99 per hour
£25.61 per hour
(Upto 2 hrs overtime in the week)
£28.82 per hour
(Over 2 hrs overtime in the week and Saturdays)
£38.43 per hour
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment’s contribution to the payroll administrator’s fee