Mechanical Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 12 Mar 2019
Reference: 4299 - Apex SG
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Design Engineer for a global market leader in the manufacture of both external and internal thread grinding machines, based in Coventry.
Mechanical Design Engineer (Machine Tool) – Permanent – Coventry
SALARY: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
HOURS: 39 hours per week: Monday – Thursday; 7.30am – 4pm & Friday; 7.30am - 3pm
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate should have good working knowledge of 3D CAD Design and experience with the design of CNC machinery.
In return for your experience and skillset our Client is offering a competitive salary in the region of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum alongside a generous 33-day holiday entitlement (inclusive of bank holidays) and the opportunity to benefit from pension and health care schemes.
The responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Creating designs from initial concept to drawings and BOM’s for manufacture.
- Regenerate & Update old & new drawing formats on the CAD system database to standardise drawings where possible.
- Improve and update existing designs to achieve the use of common components, improve quality and reduce assembly times and cost.
- Design new products including grinding machines, sub-assemblies, fixtures, loading mechanisms and tooling.
- Design of gear systems, slide ways, machine bases, hydraulic and pneumatic systems etc.
- 3D CAD Modelling and Drafting on Autodesk Inventor 2015 creating drawings of manufactured components and castings.
- Calculating forces (inertia, torque, etc.).
- Produce design solutions that meet customer and internal requirements, conform to safety and other legal requirements.
- Preparation of documentation for manufacture and assembly i.e. drawings, bills of materials etc…
- Liaison with shop floor staff, design engineers, sales team and suppliers.
This position is ideal for a motivated and confident Mechanical Design Engineer who can demonstrate the following:
- A strong background in 3D Cad Design, FEA, geometric and dimensional tolerances.
- Experience in machine tools design.
- Experience in selecting motors, calculate inertia, torque.
- Relevant qualification i.e. HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering Ability to work in a demanding environment providing accurate and timely output to a high standard.
For more information about this role please call Stephen @ Apex Recruitment on 01926 424 154 or email Stephen@Apex-recruitment.co.uk