Mechanic / Vehicle TechnicianApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Belper, Derbyshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 09 May 2022
Reference: 5456 - RC
Experienced Mechanic / Vehicle Technician required for a world leading automotive company, with a global reputation for quality, passion and performance in Belper on a permanent basis.
Our client is a pioneer within its market in the design and production of high-performance vehicles developing some of the most innovative, durable and exciting all-terrain vehicles currently in production. They are seeking a highly skilled Mechanic / Vehicle Technician to be responsible for light maintenance and heavy mechanical repairs for a range of all-terrain vehicles.
The successful Mechanic / Vehicle Technician will have the ability to strip a potentially damaged vehicle back to component level to ensure each part and component is safe and fit for purpose before repairing and re-building the vehicle to its former glory.
In return the Mechanic / Vehicle Technician will benefit from a permanent role within an exciting company working a day shift Monday to Friday, salary to be discussed upon application.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanic / Vehicle Technician:
- Stripping rally and all-terrain vehicles down to component level
- Completing repair and maintenance of a range of vehicles including complex mechanical repairs such as engine repairs and head gasket replacements.
- Servicing and upgrading vehicles with latest manufacturer upgrade packages.
- Advise the Production Manager of any issues that might affect a deadline or schedule being met.
- Option to attend rallies as a technician, but this would not be compulsory.
The ideal Mechanic / Vehicle Technician:
- Level 3 City and Guilds/NVQ qualifications in an automotive discipline is desirable but not essential.
- Must have extensive hands-on experience of whole vehicles.
- Experience of complex mechanical repairs is essential
- Ability to develop good technical solutions to build/ quality issues.
- Strong attention to detail
Monday – Thursday: 8.00am – 17.15pm
Friday: 8.00am – 14.15pm
Salary: discussed on application.
For more information, please Apply Now with a copy of your CV to discuss this role with a member of our team. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.