Mechanic / Vehicle TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £28k - 30k per year
Location: Belper, Derbyshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 19 Nov 2021
Experienced Mechanic / Vehicle Technician is required for a world leading automotive company, with a global reputation for quality, passion and performance in Belper on a permanent basis, benefitting from a salary of £30,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Our client is a pioneer within its market in the design and production of high-performance vehicles developing some of the most innovative, durable and exciting all-terrain vehicles currently in production.
They are seeking a highly skilled Mechanic / Vehicle Technician to be responsible for light maintenance and heavy mechanical repairs for a range of all-terrain vehicles. The successful Mechanic / Vehicle Technician will have the ability to strip a potentially damaged vehicle back to component level to ensure each part and component is safe and fit for purpose before repairing and re-building the vehicle to its former glory.
In return the Mechanic / Vehicle Technician will benefit from a permanent role within an exciting company alongside a salary of £30,000 per annum working a day shift Monday to Friday.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanic / Vehicle Technician:
- Working both as part of a team and alone you will be responsible for stripping vehicles down to component level
- Completing repair and maintenance of a range of all-terrain vehicles including complex mechanical repairs such as engine repairs and head gasket replacements.
- Advise the Production Manager of any issues that might affect a deadline or schedule being met.
- Option to attend rallies as a technician, but this would not be compulsory.
- Make sure the workshop is kept clean, tidy and safe, and all H&S practices are followed at all times
- Make sure all tools and machinery are kept in a fit useable state.
- Report any tool, machinery or workshop defects to your Production Manager.
- Submit any training requests or H&S requirements to your Production Manager.
The ideal Mechanic / Vehicle Technician:
- Level 3 City and Guilds/NVQ qualifications in an automotive discipline is desirable but not essential.
- Must have extensive hands-on experience of whole vehicles.
- Experience of complex mechanical repairs is essential
- Good engineering background essential.
- Ability to work as a team member and follow work instructions.
- Resourceful with a proven record of being able to solve problems.
- Ability to develop good technical solutions to build/ quality issues.
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
Monday – Thursday: 8.00am – 17.15pm
Friday: 8.00am – 14.15pm
For more information, please Apply Now with a copy of your CV to discuss this role with a member of our team. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.