Materials ControllerApply Now
Salary: £30k - 35k per year
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 11 Oct 2021
Materials Controller required to join a well-established company based in Warwick on a permanent basis, paying up to £35,000 per year dependant on experience.
Our client is a world leader within the automotive industry and is now seeking a Materials Controller to join their team.
Excellent opportunities to progress within the business are available for individuals showing the right drive and integrity.
You will be responsible for managing the scheduling and supplier management activities for product lines within the Europe, The Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. As part of the Parts-Ordering & Supply team the EMEA materials controller will work in various locations with suppliers and other functions to drive revenue growth whilst meeting customer-service levels and other operational KPI’s such as inventory and freight cost.
MATERIALS CONTROLLER DUTIES:
- Control & measure inbound supply from suppliers to support key Product Lines.
- Build supplier relationships to enhance performance and meet Business targets
- Work closely with demand management team and customer service team to ensure an accurate demand forecast is provided into the MRP system; ensure that the supplier intake plan is coherent, consistent, and balances between risks of unsold inventory and customer availability
- Ensure schedules are released to suppliers and liaise with them to ensure inbound delivery performance and ensure minimal supplier arrears
- Support regular reviews with key suppliers to ensure all issues are discussed, documented, and resolved.
- Action expedite / de-expedite / deferral reports are actioned effectively to ensure RPRT (Right-Part, Right-Time) scheduling of direct materials
- Measure suppliers for on-time delivery performance and report the information with recovery plans for all overdue lines.
- Ensure that product is available in the sales bin. Target of 95% availability for all stocked items.
- Review and manage on going key Capacity Plans with Suppliers.
- Ensure client inbound schedules are reconciled regularly with suppliers to avoid miscommunication of client requirements.
- Support with required actions the set-up of new suppliers and the timely and accurate release of schedules to suppliers, including the communication and process of schedule acceptance, rejection, and supersessions.
- Provide analysis of customer failures to Customer Service, drive recovery plans, and communicate delivery promises & customer improvement plans.
- Resolve supply problems and engage the support from other functions in minimizing supply issues: Purchasing in respect to source, lead-time, batch-size, and capacity; Demand Planning about forecasts, CSS-codings, supersessions and part-creation forms; Engineering about new projects, supersessions, product approval and resolution of quality issues.
- Support activity to ensure all invoices are validated against supplier deliveries and agreed transport-carrier tariffs.
- Provide direct support to EMEA Inbound Supply Manager; champion standard-processes and work, visual management, and performance improvement.
- Maintain excellent working standards within client guidelines irrespective of pressure and ensuring a courteous and efficient response from the team is always maintained
THE IDEAL MATERIALS CONTROLLER CANDIDATE:
- Previous experience in a Materials Controller position or similar position
- Experience in dealing with suppliers and customers
- Experience using ERP/MRP systems including SAP
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of programmes/schedules/planning
- Strong experience with IT systems
- Experience of the Automotive Industry, preferably within Aftermarket business processes is desirable
- Can communicate effectively at all levels both internally and with customers.
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please apply today, or call Sarah on 01926 424154.