Master TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £28k - 33k per year + Bonus Scheme
Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 07 Apr 2019
Reference: 4314 - KA
Master Technician required to join a leading commercial vehicle group based in West Yorkshire, paying a salary in the region of £30,000 PLUS a rewarding Bonus Scheme.
A family owned and run motor group are seeking to recruit a confident and experienced Master Technician with a flair for leadership and people management to join their team based in West Yorkshire.
With a dynamic and forward-thinking work ethic, you’ll be part of a family run company as part of a wider network of centres with a history spanning across 15years. You’ll be an expert in mechanical maintenance and repairs with the ability to lead a team of technicians to develop and grow them into top-class tradesmen within the mechanical world. You’ll be welcomed in to an established team and support them on regular servicing, maintenance, mechanical repairs and warranty work alike to achieve company goals and contribute to team targets.
Our client is looking for a time served, qualified Vehicle Technician ideally to Level 3 NVQ (or equivalent) standards alongside experience within a Senior Technician, Master Technician or Workshop Control discipline and a forward-thinking attitude and approach to leading a team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Liaison with the Service Manager and wider workshop team regarding jobs
- Mechanical repairs and maintenance of commercial vehicles
- Servicing of commercial vehicles
- Fault finding and diagnosis on vehicles using in-house diagnostic system equipment (ODIS)
- Complete diagnostic repairs on a range of vehicle models
- Complete warranty work to manufacturer specifications
- Work closely with the wider workshop team to lead by example
- Assist and advise wider workshop team on a variety of mechanical jobs
- Communication of work required, and work carried out to customers
- Complete all relevant paperwork in accordance to work carried out
- Complete all work to the highest standards within scheduled time-frames
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations and Workshop Housekeeping procedures at all times
The Ideal Candidate;
- Qualified to NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 standards within an Automotive discipline
- Previous experience within an Independent or Dealership environment
- Experienced working on commercial vehicles (desired not essential)
- Previous experience in Diagnostic Equipment (ODIS Diagnostic Systems desirable)
- Ownership of fully equipped Tool Box
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent leadership skill and attitude
- Full UK Driving Licence
Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm
Saturdays: 8.30am – 12.30om (on a team rota basis)
For further information and to have a confidential discussion with a member of our team, please apply with a copy of your CV.