Master SchedulerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 15 Jul 2020
Role: Master Scheduler
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: circa £60,000
Role & Responsibilities:
The Master Scheduler (Aerospace) will coordinate schedules and inventories to ensure efficient and effective operation of the assigned department or facility.
- Organise, implement, and maintain scheduling management system supporting identified projects and their plans.
- Assist to set up tasks and sub tasks to ensure satisfactory realisation of project contract requirements as scheduled.
- Log project timelines and maintain database of tasks and its status.
- Log all new information into database and provide scheduled reports for contract coordination and reporting purposes.
- Interact with customer and project staff to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
- Design, develop, and maintains master schedule for the programme; revises as needed and alerts appropriate staff of schedule changes or delays.
- Interact with project team and task managers to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information, and identification of variances from original plan.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Analyse critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
- Develop and update weekly short interval schedule working with technical liaison engineers.
- Suggest management of risks affecting project profit, costs, schedules, and client relations.
- Support project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures, and systems.
- Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Interact with customers, managers, operation leaders, financial controller and EVM analyst.
- Advanced level of Microsoft project, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Extremely proficient with production planning systems, Goldesp and Aurora would be advantageous.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) SC security clearance.
- Project management qualification, APM, Prince 2.
For more information, please contact Stephen on 01926 424 154 or email Stephen@apex-recruitment.co.uk
Please click ‘Apply Now’ for immediate consideration.