Manufacturing Process Research EngineerApply Now
Salary: £22.00 - 24.84 per hour
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 19 Aug 2021
Manufacturing Process Research Engineer
Location: Whitley, Coventry
Pay Rate: up to £24.80 per hour
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Manufacturing Process Research Engineer for our prestigious client on number of research projects including engines, batteries and drives.
Manufacturing Process Research Engineer Duties:
- Contribute to the development of new technologies and features from Concept Ready to Implementation Ready, where it is then handed over to the mainstream Engineering functions.
- Typical research areas are electric machine, compact EDU, rotor and stator, batteries, electrification, laser welding.
- Collaborative research with key leading UK universities and external partners
- Provide manufacturing engineering and technical support to design and develop manufacturing production processes to enable successful launch of new products, ensuring feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements.
- Delivery of relevant research technologies and associated projects to ensure robust processes are achieved on time and to Project Scope.
- Develop implementation/activity plans for all research technologies to ensure robust processes are achieved on time and to Project Scope.
- Knowledge of EDUs including Rotor and Stator manufacturing processes
- Ability to manage 3D models tools (CAD)
Skills & Experience Required:
- Understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles
- Relevant previous experience of Manufacturing / Engineering processes, tools and techniques
- Minimum NVQ L3 in manufacturing or a similar engineering discipline (HNC, HND or Degree preferred)
- Knowledge of and involvement in the product development phase
- Project management experience
- GD&T knowledge with ability to perform tolerance stack up
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach to job responsibilities and working hours
We’re looking to speak with suitable Manufacturing Process Research Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team