Manufacturing Process Engineer (BIW)Apply Now
Salary: £24.50 - 24.50 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 30 Jul 2021
Role: Manufacturing Process Engineer
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Salary: £24.50 per hour
Role: This role will provide engineering and technical support to design, develop and define the optimal manufacturing production processes to enable successful launch of new products. You will be part of a team of skilled engineers and will require collaboration across functions to ensure we have established compliance to deliver processes that meet their basic minute value and quality targets.
This role will be also part of the agile teams within product creation, the process engineer will be integrating the base principles of design for manufacturing. In addition, you will also be responsible for:
- Creation of process,
- Design of tools, jigs & fixtures,
- Data analysis and reporting of major issues,
- Deployment of failure mode avoidance tools,
- Resolution of issues on projects and the tracking of resolution through to completion.
- Relevant previous experience of BIW Manufacturing / Engineering processes, tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of either BIW tooling design or simulation knowledge of BIW processes.
- Experience working as a Manufacturing Process Engineer or similar.
- Understanding of IPS requirement & Lean Manufacturing knowledge of BIW processes.
- Geometric dimensional & tolerancing knowledge (GD&T) with ability to perform tolerance stack up.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- HNC / HND / Degree qualifies in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of and involvement in the product development phase.
- Project Management experience.