Manufacturing Process Engineer - BIWApply Now
Salary: £22.00 - 24.80 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 19 Aug 2021
Manufacturing Process Engineer - BIW
Pay rate: Up to £24.80 per hour
Contract: 6 months
Our client is a renowned manufacturer of luxury vehicles who have an opening for a Manufacturing Process Engineer – BIW
Manufacturing Process Engineer – BIW Duties:
- Body in White ME Process Engineer Product & Process Compatibility
- Manufacturing feasibility assessments, aligned to engineering gateway releases plus ongoing change requests throughout the launch phase.
- Management and liaise with vendors.
- Product & Process Change Evaluation
- Cost and feasibility studies in support of engineering change proposals.
- Ensure Value for money solutions are sought for all Engineering changes and star chamber packs created.
- Develop Process solutions to meet Hrs/car target maximise operator efficiency by load window.
- Manage AIM’s and snags for an area within the body shop ensuring that corrective actions are implemented in the agreed time frame.
- Take lead engineer responsibility for a small team of engineers, and ensure the objectives and deliverables assigned and agreed by the team are met.
- MRE change request responses, update any PACN responses and ensure that all costs are covered by an internal MRE for costing purposes.
- Confirmation of BoP, Maintain BoP throughout the design SE & launch period.
- Any deviations from BoP must be highlighted on an AIM’s and escalated to MLA AME management to report out in process chain.
- During launch support delivery of Facility Performance buy-off by driving 9 panel process to ensure facility delivers within its Simulated Targets (DES) for MTTR & MTBF ensuring adherence to Design Cycle time.
- Processing Experience processing cyclograms is required. This is part of the iterative process improvements required throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Global Study Process Allocation System (GSPAS) experience will be important to the role although not essential.
- Process Designer PD capability will be important although not essential.
- Experience using CAD viewing tools such as Digibuck is required.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Lead Engineer – Subframes candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team