Manufacturing EngineerApply Now
Salary: £35k - 40k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 16 Dec 2021
Location: Leamington Spa
Shift: Days – 39-hours per week
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum, dependant on experience
Manufacturing Engineer is required for a leading manufacturer of cooking appliances and interior furnishings, based in Leamington Spa. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining a well-engineered manufacturing process with quality controls, operator accountability, and performance monitoring built-in.
- You will also be responsible for making sure the department manager and operators know how the process should be maintained and what the limits of its capability are.
- You will provide real-time process support to the production team and will make sure process problems are quickly brought to the attention of the manager.
- You will be responsible for highlighting and evaluating improvement opportunities and for making clear the likely consequences of any proposed change.
- Where appropriate you will take the lead, facilitate, or just monitor any process change that is authorised by the department manager.
Manufacturing Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reduce and eliminate workplace hazards and ensure continues improvement to workplace health and safety.
- Have the ability to clearly and efficiently, communicate vital engineering updates and changes to all levels within the business.
- Design new systems, equipment, and processes for the introduction of new products or the improvement of existing ones.
- Support and Lead Continuous Improvement projects, driving out waste, reducing downtime and improving OTIFEF delivery to customers.
- Target inefficiencies quickly using problem solving techniques such as A3’s, Pareto, Ishikawa, and Root Cause Analysis
- Support, cost estimate and document all engineering changes
- Ensure non-conformances within production are eliminated and controls are in place to prevent reoccurrences.
- Ensure all manufacturing processes are supported by the necessary training, documentation, and Quality Controls.
- Create, improve, and review Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support the introduction of new products and changes to current products into production. Ensure all documentation is relevant and up to date.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, equipment layout, and visual controls.
- Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Designing and implement data driven product quality and process capability improvements by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and processes; establishing standards and confirming repeatability within manufacturing processes, including 8D analysis
The ideal Manufacturing Engineer:
- Significant experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment, ideally within pressings, assembly, fabrication, sheet metal or related industry.
- A manufacturing engineering qualification to degree level (or equivalent experience) with production process design bias.
- A proven record of accomplishment of delivering results.
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems techniques such as Lean, SMED, SPC, Process loading, PFMEA, 5S, Standard work, Poke Yoke, visual management, operator maintenance, Spaghetti diagrams, Yamazumi, single piece flow, no fault forward, Kanban material control and VSM
- The capability to use Solidworks, Draftsight, AutoCAD systems to create tooling or layout specifications and drawings.
- The capability to use Radan in order to program Laser, Turret Punch, Folders, etc
- Familiar with H&S and risk assessments and strategies to eliminate workplace hazards.
- Able to exploit the use of PC based systems and MS office tools to support the needs of the role.
- Familiar with the requirements of Quality Management Systems and Quality planning processes required to support ISO 9001 and to drive continuous improvement.
- Able to create standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Have an understand on ladder logic
- Able to read engineering drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Able to plan work to balance conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Flexible and able to respond to occasional unusual working hours and weekends.
- Work well as part of a team and also alone
- Able to work and is experience in working in a fast pass environment where variants are high and lead times are short.
Desirable Manufacturing Engineer Experience
- Knowledge and experience of the use of welding, cutting, bending, CNC and assembly in process control environment
- Certified and trained in MTM methodology.
- Familiar with the 6 Sigma methodology of identifying and controlling key process input variables.
- PLC programming experience.
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.