Maintenance Team LeaderApply Now
Salary: £19.42 - 19.42 per hour + Shift Allowance
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 16 Dec 2021
Multi Skilled Maintenance Team Leader required on a full time, permanent basis in Leamington Spa, benefiting from an hourly rate of up to £19.42 per hour, depending on previous experience.
Our client, a large, well-established manufacturing company that specialises in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings, and accessories, based in Leamington Spa.
They are currently seeking a Multi Skilled Maintenance Team Leader to join their existing team on a permanent basis in Leamington Spa, offering an hourly rate of up to £19.42 per hour, working a day shift. There will be occasions where the business would require you to work shifts and nights, for these hours you will benefit from a shift allowance.
As the Multi Skilled Maintenance Team Leader your role will be conducting all the operations necessary to ensure the operational readiness and reliability of equipment. A forward-thinking individual, who isn’t afraid to take the lead and guide the maintenance department in the right direction. Strive to make improvements and minimise downtime using logical approaches.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Team Leader Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Site Facilities and Safety Manager,
- Carries out maintenance work alongside Maintenance Engineers (preventive and corrective), in line with the schedule and processes defined by the command line, respecting safety rules and working conditions,
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers for spares, improvements, service contracts and projects,
- Implement and assist managing Preventative maintenance system to minimise downtime,
- Implement and assist managing Spare parts maintenance system to minimise downtime,
- Implement and assist managing CMMS to minimise downtime
- Analyse machine down time to schedule root cause methodology to improve machine uptime,
- Work with the Maintenance and Facilities Manager on all maintenance matters and deputise in their absence,
- Liaise with production to ensure a close working relationship is maintained between maintenance and production,
- Ensure all service contracts are kept up to date and in auditable condition,
- Follow up actions from Health & Safety meetings to ensure site maintains compliance and minimal risk,
- Conduct daily meetings with maintenance staff to outline priories, and outstanding tasks,
- May be involved in the acceptance phase and development of new equipment, as well as machine/process moves,
- Must apply all Health and safety procedures and operating instructions within the framework of operations linked to his job and the rules defined by the Group,
- Internally, liaises primarily with the Maintenance and Production department, as well as external relations (contractors/suppliers).
- Stops systems if there is any risk to the integrity of people, equipment, or the environment.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Team Leader Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in an engineering function,
- Experience carrying out electrical and mechanical maintenance tasks,
- Ability to take the lead with problem solving with an analytical approach,
- Previous experience dealing with suppliers, and contractors for projects, improvements, and maintenance tasks,
- Ability to take the lead using data to support improvements and recommendations,
- Experience developing Preventative maintenance systems,
- Experience developing spare parts maintenance systems,
- Be able to make difficult decisions under pressure,
- Deputise for Managers in their absence,
- Proficient in desktop applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc..)
- Awareness of issues relating to hygiene, safety, and the environment,
- Some specific training requirements (forklift truck driver, etc.) may be necessary, depending on the activities,
- Depending on the organisation, may hold electrical qualifications and/or be authorised to operate lifting equipment.
39 hours a week working day shift however, a flexible attitude toward working hours is essential.
There may also be a necessity to work on both the rotating shifts as well as nights, depending on business needs.
Days - £19.42 per hour
Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 16:00pm
Friday 7:00am - 12:00am
Shifts - £20.77 per hour
Monday – Thursday: 06.00am - 14.00pm or 14:00pm – 22:00pm
Friday: 6:00am – 13:00pm or 13:00pm – 20:00pm
Nights – £22.10 per hour
Monday – Thursday: 22.00pm - 06.00am
Friday: 20:00pm – 03:00am