MP&L PlannerApply Now
Salary: £30k - 35k per year
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 23 Dec 2020
Role: MP&L Planner
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
You will develop production plans for the assembly of wheels for the automotive industry. You will interpret customer requirements and issue part requirement schedules to our suppliers preparing build plans accordingly. You will maintain accurate inventory levels for all parts using computer-based stock control systems and the operation of inventory control processes.
Key Job Role Duties:
- Ensure that scheduled production can be achieved within the planned resource.
- Ensure that scheduled production enables timely and correct delivery of products to the
- Ensuring optimised and accurate inventory levels for all suppliers.
- Ensure stock levels are readily available and accurate.
- Control of all inbound and outbound materials. Minimise the levels of stock within agreed parameters without jeopardising service levels.
- Adhere to appropriate processes and procedures.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and distributors
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of material’s and products.
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedule.
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production.
- Minimise obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability.
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis to update others within the organisation.
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Drive continuous improvement to reduce costs and quantitatively improve services to our customers
- Identify process/quality improvements and manage their introduction where appropriate
Key Skills and Experience:
- Significant relevant experience working in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of production schedules and part requirements.
- Experience in inventory management.
- In depth knowledge of Health and Safety Awareness.
- Proven skill in MRP Scheduling or other planning data bases.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise work, to meet tight time scales.
- Excellent management skills, being able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to build relationships at all levels and motivate a team to complete tasks from start to finish.
- An ability to produce professional documents using Microsoft Office Packages (Inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- An excellent customer service ethic, and an aptitude for problem solving lending itself to resolving customer queries.
- Ability to control cost and work within a budget.
Regular working hours are 37.5 hours per week (Monday through Friday). Nevertheless, the demands of this position may require that from time-to-time irregular hours including weekends and bank holidays