MIG WelderApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Temporary
Date Listed: 26 Apr 2022
Reference: 5036 - SG
Role: MIG Welder
Hours: Monday – Friday (8am-4pm)
Contract type: Temporary to Permanent / Permanent
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for a MIG Welder for a specialist automotive manufacturer based in Daventry. Our client currently works with some of the biggest names in the Automotive industry, specialising in Powertrain components and exhaust systems.
MIG Welder Role:
- To use MIG welding equipment to manufacture parts and assemblies as required, meeting defined production schedules, using the information contained within the works orders.
- To supply quality parts & assemblies from jigs & fixtures, using company SOP’s
- Support the Quality Assurance department with respect to jig & fixture evaluation.
- Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents and established production standards.
- Record and report information using company ERP system.
- Operating other necessary equipment and performing tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications.
- Preparing and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Arranging of parts for welding and staging processes.
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy.
- Report fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Production Manager and Team Leader.
- Work on any new projects as required.
MIG Welder Experience and Qualifications:
- MIG welding experience
- You will have experience working in a production environment preferably in the automotive industry.
- We require someone with an excellent eye for detail as standards are set extremely high by our customers.
- You must be able to work diligently with minimum supervision day to day.