MIG / TIG WelderApply Now
Salary: £28k - 35k per year
Location: Alcester, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 04 May 2022
Reference: 5422 - AW
MIG / TIG Welder
Pay Rate: £28-35K Per annum
Contracting opportunities available
A world leading, rail manufacturer of bespoke, high-quality leisure and resort transport are currently looking for a MIG / TIG Welder to join their driven and ambitious team. You will be working alongside a group of skilled professionals assisting with the preparation of their unique trains that can be found in some of the UK’s most exciting attractions.
Take advantage of this welding opportunity as the successful MIG / TIG Welder is offered on a Permanent basis. Flexibilities can be made if you would prefer to contract.
Welding within an automotive environment will be advantageous. The MIG / TIG Welder would have to be comfortable working with various shapes and materials, tubular and sheet work with steel and aluminium. The welding must also adhere to the EN 1090 standards.
The MIG / TIG welder will need to:
- Work in accordance with any Legislative or company requirements for Health Safety and Environmental.
- To use MIG welding equipment to manufacture parts and assemblies as required, meeting defined production schedules, using the information contained within the works orders.
- To supply quality parts & assemblies from jigs & fixtures, Using company SOP’s
- Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents and established production standards.
- Operating other necessary equipment and performing tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications.
- Preparing and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy.
- Report fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required.
Education & Training:
- Must have current coding or previously bheld coding
- Must have good literacy and numeracy
- A City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in a relevant discipline or equivalent
- Must have experience as a MIG / TIG Welder
- Able to fabricate to high standards would be beneficial
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must be a strong team player with a “Can Do” attitude
- Must be able to work diligently and with minimum of supervision
- May be required to work additional hours to meet workload
For immediate consideration for this role, please click “Apply now”.