MET Technician / Strip FitterApply Now
Salary: £15.93 - 15.93 per hour
Location: Hoo, Kent
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 08 Apr 2021
Reference: 4847 - KN
A large and well-established company are seeking a MET Technician / Strip Fitter to join their team in Rochester, Kent on a temp to perm contract basis.
Our client, an experienced car marketplace with an impressive history spanning nearly 70 years, are currently looking for an experienced MET Technician / Strip Fitter to join their existing team.
The successful MET Technician / Strip Fitter will have experience in stripping, panels and mechanical, electrical and trim components from a vehicle in order for the workshop and bodyshop teams to complete the relevant repairs. The experienced MET Technician / Strip Fitter will ideally be qualified to Level 3 standards in a relevant automotive discipline with previous experience within a strip / fitter position.
As a company that prides itself on excellent service and advice, with large workshops and friendly experts trained to deliver to a variety of manufacturer standards, our client continually pushes the boundaries redefining the benchmark for excellence. We are therefore looking for likeminded individuals who will strive for excellence to join an industry leading team.
THE ROLE OF THE MET TECHNICIAN / STRIP FITTER:
- Dismantling (Stripping) of vehicle panels and mechanical, electrical and trim components.
- Re-assembling (Fitting) of vehicle panels and mechanical, electrical and trim components after damage repair.
- Diagnose any additional faults for further repair.
- Complete assigned jobs working to high repair standards.
THE IDEAL MET TECHNICIAN / STRIP FITTER:
- City and Guilds or NVQ or equivalent in a relative automotive discipline is desirable
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence (6 points maximum, subject to regular license checks)
- Previous hands on experience within a Vehicle strip / refit position.
- Flexible attitude towards working hours.
Approx. 48 hours per week
Nights: Sunday – Thursday: 10 hours per day.
Pay rate: £15.93 per hour (PAYE)