Logistics Scheduling Co-ordinatorApply Now
Salary: £11 - 15 per hour
Location: Chipping Warden, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 27 Aug 2021
Reference: 4997 - KA
An experienced Logistics Scheduling Co-ordinator required based in Chipping Warden on a temporary ongoing contract benefitting from a salary of £11-£15 per hour depending on experience.
Our client is a provider of integrated support services to automotive brands and fleets all over Europe including mechanical work, PDI inspections and new vehicle deliveries, working with 18 of the UK’s leading car manufacturers.
This position is offered on a full-time, temporary ongoing basis, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Working alongside an internal team the Logistics Scheduling Co-ordinator will aid with the day to day running of a large fleet of vehicles, ensuring that they are legally compliant and roadworthy.
The successful Logistics Scheduling Co-ordinator will have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels whilst maintaining composure under pressure and working to tight deadlines.
Logistics Scheduling Co-ordinator duties and responsibilities -
- Schedule and co-ordinate the daily delivery and collection requirements in line with company and brand standards
- Plan and schedule deliveries in advance to allow forward planning and reporting
- Identify and map efficiency savings for the Company
- Ensure all compliance and company standards are adhered to
- Gain feedback on scheduling practices with key stake holders and continually improve working practice
- Provide cover in other departments where required
- Preparation of any public transport tickets/bookings needed for the Driver resource and liaise with finance regarding any expenditures
- Provide assistance in the production of internal reporting to assist Management in monitoring and improving performance
- Arrange Driver training as required
- Liaise with the Senior Scheduler regarding any changes made to schedules
- Manage motor trade vehicle bookings online and bid for cost effective work
- Work closely with other departments, ensuring best practise is always upheld
- Manage vehicle incidents and complaints received, ensuring these are investigated, reported, and dealt with promptly
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as instructed by management
The ideal Logistics Scheduling Co-ordinator will have -
- Previous experience in scheduling driver resource on a national scale
- Experience working in the automotive or logistics sector
- Excellent communication skill both verbal and written with ability to respond to escalated complaints efficiently and effectively
- Strong computer skills and the ability to produce and interpret various reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- A logical and methodical approach to work with the ability to multi-task
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have great organisational skills
- Be proactive and able to show initiative with a positive approach to work
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize
- Good knowledge of cars and their specifications
Please apply now to be considered for this position.
Key Skills: Logistics Scheduling Co-ordinator / Fleet Scheduler / Fleet Coordinator / Fleet Planner / Logistics Planner / Scheduler