Logistics Manager - ContractApply Now
Salary: £50k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 03 Dec 2020
Logistics Manager required on a full time, temporary basis in Leamington Spa, benefitting from a salary of £50,000 per annum (pro-rata). This role is offered on a 3-month contract.
Our client, a large, well established manufacturing company that specialise in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings and accessories, based in Leamington Spa.
They are currently seeking a Logistics Manager to join their team on a 3-month contract basis in Leamington Spa.
The ideal candidate will understand the core of logistics management, to include tactical planning needed to support overall business goals and the principles that underpin effective and efficient inventory levels.
LOGISTICS MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and lead a team of individuals
- Operate seamlessly with our current supply chain and production team in ensuring production KPI’s are consistently achieved
- Liaising with management, providing stock updates and forecasting
- Providing cost effective planning and streamlining processes where required
- To implement a program of ‘cycle counting’ to provide a continuous improvement approach, to ensure accuracy and root cause analysis and resolution of identified issues
- Ensure effective scheduling at all times, facilitating the appropriate inventory levels, where products should be held and booked in on time to ensure full transparency of quantity and value
- Liaising with various departments and stakeholders within the business to ensure a smooth running of the facility
- Be fully conversant with business information systems, material resource planning and be capable of working with the internal IT team to maximize the system related benefits, minimizing manual interaction
We are interested to see the CVs of people who have experience with the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience leading and motivating a team
- Be capable of providing examples of leadership and demonstrate project management success
- Proven experience implementing and streamlining processes
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office computer applications
- Has the ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a self-motivated individual
- Preferably worked within a manufacturing environment previously
39-hour working week