Load Space Lead Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25 - 27 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 26 Jul 2021
Pay Rate: up to £27 per hour
Contract to last until the end of March 2022
This position presents an exciting opportunity to join a world-leading automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles and become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions.
- Play a key part in driving robustness and quality into the cabin systems team.
- Report to the departmental Group Leader and/or Programme Module Leader within Cabin area, the design engineer will potentially work across all of the cabin commodities.
- System / Component Engineering delivery activities from PS through to Job 1 liaising with suppliers and internal customers/ stakeholders.
- Manage and liaise with other adjacent stakeholders and functions, including suppliers, to ensure system compatibility issues are resolved according to cost and time targets.
- Support system strategy development for components and features.
ESSENTIAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of System / Component design principles including component production techniques such as injection moulding, compression moulding, stampings.
- Good communication & systems engineering skills approach to project development and issue resolution.
- Catia application and delivery of system / component design from concept through to full production. Catia V5 / V6 experience is essential.
- Be capable of engineering complex parts and / or assemblies, with particular consideration of part to part interfaces and relationships, including CAE, DFM and DFA requirements.
- The Load Space Lead Design Engineer should be able to demonstrate design flair and the ability to be able to engineer a range of solutions to a design problem.
- Experience of investigative tools and methods to resolve complex system issues
- The ideal Load Space Lead Design Engineer will be an effective communicator and have strong organisational and numerical skills.
- The ideal Load Space Lead Design Engineer should be ideally educated to Degree level or have sufficient on the job experience.
BENEFICIAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Body Engineering environment is desirable.
- Engineering knowledge of Body Engineering systems, component design, function, performance, production and manufacturing requirements is desirable.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Load Space Lead Design Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team