Lean Manufacturing EngineerApply Now
Salary: £38k - 40k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 26 Jun 2018
We are working with an innovative heritage brand specialising in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings and accessories. Priding themselves on their commitment to manufacturing here within the UK, our client has become synonymous with authenticity, quality and style.
As they continue to expand into the international market place, we are currently seeking a Lean Manufacturing Engineer to join their Process Engineering department based in Leamington Spa.
This role will be reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager within the Process Engineering Department and focuses on supporting transformation of the production methods and techniques as well as people development within an entire plant to achieve a World Class manufacturing facility.
- Conducting analysis of current state using Value Stream Mapping, Spaghetti Diagram, Takt Time, Time Studies, Yamazumi etc.
- Creating standardized job instruction sheets, capacity sheets, work combination tables and work charts
- Analysing processes in order to implement single piece flow, cellular manufacturing and just-in-time production
- Creating documents and templates i.e. A3, Pareto, OEE, Ishikawa
- Developing training materials on lean tools and techniques and training others
- Facilitating and leading Kaizen events
- Suggesting and implementing KPIs which will impact the bottom line and drive the right behaviours
- Designing and implementing new facility layouts
- Proposing and implementing solutions for improving efficiencies and material flow within the plant
- Managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Daily support and resolution of production issues and implementing suggestions for improvement
- Any other duties as required by the job
Essential Requirements for Candidates:
- Qualified to Degree level in manufacturing / industrial / production / process engineering with specific emphasis on Lean Manufacturing
- Deep understanding of Lean Philosophy and proven track record of implementing Lean tools and techniques i.e. VSM, Kanban, SMED, 5S, Pull, Kaizen, PFEP, Visual Management, PDCA
- Excellent analytical skills to identify root causes of problems in a structured and logical way using data and formulate robust solutions
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to effectively work and lead cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Self-motivation, drive and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines