Lead Engineer - Optimisation & simulationApply Now
Salary: £26 - 28 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 10 Sep 2021
Lead Engineer – Optimisation & Simulation
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: £28
We have an opportunity for a Lead Engineer to work in Body Engineering for our automotive client on Optimisation & Advanced Simulation.
Lead Engineer – Optimisation & Simulation Duties:
- Use effectively the MDO to drive design and be able to carry out trade-offs between attributes.
- Lead design studies using optimisation tools to support the Body in delivery of all body programs and identify any short-falls against key functional attribute requirements (Veh. Safety / Dynamics / NVH / Durability, weight and cost).
- Coordinate and lead the feedback of results as required through design / project reviews.
- Develop design solutions to support Body CoC engineering and cost status against key program gateways
- Champion/support the development of new CAE tools for system optimisation to support concept design studies and enhance MDO technique.
- Lead / plan the development of vehicle system, subsystem and component using MDO tools to meet all design requirements.
- Identify and document promising future direction in the use of MDO at JLR to explore relationship between complex system design initiatives.
Lead Engineer – Optimisation & Simulation Skills and experience Required:
- Experience in either mode FRONTIER or iSight or hyperstruct
- Solvers in: LS-Dyna, Nastran Or OptiStruct
- Post /Pre-processing in: PRIMER, Hyperwork Or ANSA.
- Engineering Degree qualification
- Will be able to use and develop simplified simulation models that can be used to rapidly understand design drivers.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Lead Engineer – Optimisation & Simulation candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team