Lead Engineer - Injection MouldingApply Now
Salary: £27.00 - 29.90 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 23 Aug 2021
Lead Engineer – Injection Moulding
Pay rate: Up to £29.90 per hour
We have an open Lead engineer - Injection Moulding + Tool Feasibility opportunity available with our client who is an automotive manufacturer in Gaydon.
Lead Engineer Duties:
- To coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of Exterior Ornamentation components.
- Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the relevant Group Leaders and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders.
- The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time whilst leading the release & validation activities across specific programmes
- Injection Moulding + Tool Feasibility. Previous knowledge and experience of Engineering injection moulded components with the ability to understand tooling feasibility constraints and apply them to the part's design.
- Geometrical Integration Demonstratable ability to use 3D CAD tools to analyse and review virtual models and their interfaces to surrounding parts.
- Ability to create CAD models would be advantageous
- Understanding of problem solving tools and techniques including 8D, DMAIC, cause & effect & risk management.
- Experience or qualifications in Six Sigma would be ideal
- Degree or relevant qualification.
- Having proven experience of Engineering delivery, primarily in new tool items with solid understanding of a well-engineered product including specifications, good engineering practise, testing, evidence & adherence to timeline.
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple cross functional stakeholders.
- Experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a project team environment.
- Experience of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Lead Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team