Lead Engineer - Discrete Event SimulationApply Now
Salary: £30 - 32 per hour
Location: Coven, Staffordshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 17 Nov 2021
Lead Engineer – Discrete Event Simulation
Location: Coven, Staffordshire
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: up to £32 D.O.E
We have an opportunity for a Virtual Discrete Event Lead Simulation Engineer to work with our world-leading automotive OEM client in the midlands
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Discrete Event Simulation model and documentation, modelling the process flow from concept through to the delivery phase to JOB1 + 90 days.
Lead Engineer – Discrete Event Simulation Duties:
- Discrete Event Simulation
- Lead the DES model generation from concept modelling to fully detailed mimic of the programme / system that meet the design scope, operating principals, performance metrics, safety, quality, delivery, cost, people and environment objectives are met.
- Lead the system optimisation, cost avoidance, best practises capturing and sharing this with relevant stakeholders
- Able to work effectively with design teams to develop and optimise solutions considering multi-attributes within defined deadlines and time constraints
- Guide the process using a product knowledge and awareness of potential design constraints to ensure due consideration is given in developing solutions
- Coordinate and lead projects and teams feedback of results as required through design / project reviews / DES Dashboards
- Lead optimisation of the DES model against different model derivative mixes and operational parameters.
- Lead the bottleneck analysis of the system and develop strategies to remove o Lead volume throughput increase studies and system what ifs
- Guide the process to adhere to the vehicle derivative sequencing and build to sequence rules
- Support the continual development of tools and techniques which enhance capability, improve quality and robustness of DES models
- Mentor and train Junior team members and graduates
Lead Engineer – Discrete Event Simulation Skills Required:
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience of Discrete Event Simulation toolset, production process flow simulation and problem solving on complex technical systems.
- Demonstrable previous experience of bottleneck analysis using Discrete Event Simulation.
- Proven project and people management skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to work groups and senior management ¿ Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Thorough Understanding and Application of Lean Tools and Techniques
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along
Lead Engineer – Discrete Event Simulation Experience Preferred:
- Experience working practices of programme integration and new programmes in automotive engineering.
- Previous experience with Siemens Tecnomatix Plant Simulation toolset
Candidates may be required to travel to various sites around the west midlands including Coven, Birmingham, Solihull or Whitley.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Lead Engineer – Discrete Event Simulation candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team