Lead Engineer - ClosuresApply Now
Salary: £27.00 - 29.90 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 19 Aug 2021
Lead Engineer – Closures
Contract type: Ongoing
Pay rate: up to £29.90 per hour
We are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer to join a world-leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow. They are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer to join their team due to growth
- Experience of developing automotive/aerospace closures components (Tailgate, Doors, Bonnet experience)
- Able to generate and interpret 2D sections and 3D system geometry using Catia.
- Experience of managing design and development activities with external suppliers to a programme timeline
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
- Knowledge of automotive closure systems, plastics, rubbers, composites or BIW.
- Able to create 2D sections and 3D geometry using Catia V5/V6/TCE/Digibuck.
- Awareness of GD&T application Experience in kinematic systems
- Relevant degree or engineering qualification
- Driving Licence
- Systems Engineering knowledge
- Previous experience within automotive engineering department
- Knowledge of aerodynamic principals
We’re looking to speak with suitable Lead Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team