Lead Engineer - Advanced Steering PackagingApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 18 Jun 2018
We are recruiting for a world leading, automotive company where career development opportunities are unparalleled. Their growth over the past 5 years has been unmatched and this growth shows no sign of slowing. They are continuing to invest, expand and develop new and exciting products. They are now seeking to increase their permanent head count, and this is where you fit in.
The role of the Lead Engineer - Advanced Steering Packaging is integral to ensuring that their customers continue to receive an exceptional driving experience.
What you will be doing:
- Suspension. Engine mounts. Wheels and tyres. To provide an exceptional driving experience, every chassis component need be honed to perfection. That takes all kinds of people, from designers to project managers.
- Within the Advanced Product Creation (APC) Forward Model Architecture (FMA) team you'll be the Lead Engineer for Steering, with the purpose of leading the packaging of new and existing steering technologies into future products, as part of the APC process.
- Reporting into the Power Assisted Steering (PAS) System Technical Specialist, you'll work closely with the relevant subject matter experts (SMEs) and APC colleagues from the Steering Wheels and Tyres (SWaT) team, as well as client suppliers. In doing so you'll lead the technical delivery of strategic compatible package solutions; supporting future delivery on programmes to required cost, quality and timing.
- You'll be responsible for the continuous improvement of Steering's CAD processes and development of methods (such as AVA and CATIA based FEA), utilising offshore resource where necessary, to drive efficiency into the packaging process. By challenging and influencing Vehicle Architecture and suspension hardpoints decisions, you'll look for a better overall solution that'll benefit the business. This will involve delivering presentations at senior level forums and managing the creation of concept proposals for future products, in the form of package layouts.
What we expect from you:
- It's essential that you're a competent and experienced user of CATIA V5 or V6 and as an experienced engineer, preferably from an automotive environment, you'll have worked with engineering packaging.
- You'll also have the ability to plan and achieve results in an efficient manner, be confident presenting information at a senior level, and you'll be able to negotiate solutions in possible areas of technical conflict.
- Finally, a working knowledge of CAD AVA tools would be advantageous, paired with the drive, commitment and enthusiasm to communicate and influence change.
- Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme.