Lead Design Engineer - ToolingApply Now
Salary: £30 - 32 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 11 Oct 2021
Lead Design Engineer – Tooling
Location: Castle Bromwich
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: up to£32 per hour D.O.E.
This is a Lead Design Engineer role within automotive Manufacturing Engineering. The role will initially be based completely at Castle Bromwich but there may also be a requirement to do some work in Gaydon in a few months’ time.
Lead Design Engineer – Tooling main duties:
- Lead teams who will deliver the design of both Body In White (BIW) and Trim and Final (T&F) Assembly Fixtures.
- Lead the delivery of Fixture Design from Kick Off to Design Delivery and Successfully physical fixture handover.
- Lead multiple Design Projects and the associated Design Teams
- Lead the Continual Improvement of the department and Tooling and Design Standards.
- Demonstrate a wide range of previous Assembly Fixture experiences.
Essential Skills Required of the Lead Design Engineer – Tooling
- Engineering Design Skills and Locator Strategy knowledge
- Ability to do Compatibility Assessments / Impact Assessments
- Working knowledge of Assembly and Part Locator Strategy Requirements
- 3D Tool Design Skills from Concept, through Detail to Detailing and Delivery
- Ability to generate and resolve Design Snags and Issues.
- 2D Manufacturing (Detailed) Drawing Buy Offs and Handover.
- Working knowledge of Assembly Tooling Standards
- Demonstrable Cost Engineering. Cost & feasibility studies
- Tool Collision Studies.
- Ability to collaborate to produce a robust Geometry Setting Process.
- Basic RobCAD abilities
- Vendor Tool Design Experience
- Pneumatic Controls Engineer Electrical Controls Engineer (E Plan)
- Experience of working on JLR Projects Static and Dynamic Load Calculation Assessment / FEA Analysis Experience (within Catia environment)
- Dynamic Load Analysis skills (within Catia environment)
- FEA Analysis skills.
- Catia v6 trained.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Lead Design Engineer – Tooling candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team