Lead Control & Systems EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 04 Jan 2018
We are recruiting for a world leading, automotive company where career development opportunities are unparalleled. Their growth over the past 5 years has been unmatched and this growth shows no sign of slowing. They are continuing to invest, expand and develop new and exciting products. They are now seeking to increase their permanent head count, and this is where you fit in.
The role of Lead Control and Systems Engineer is integral to ensuring that their customers continue to receive an exceptional driving experience.
What you will be doing:
- Our clients Chassis Control Systems team's main focus is on developing and delivering features such as electronically controlled suspension, electronic brake control, active steering controllers, active driveline controllers and configurable vehicle dynamics features.
- Their work covers all aspects of the design too, from requirements right through to implementation. Have you got what it takes to join them? If so, you could soon be working on some truly exciting current and future electronic and software-based chassis control systems projects.
- Essentially, this challenging role involves following a systems engineering approach to create and maintain requirements for functions for active & semi active chassis systems. It also involves generating MatLab/Simulink models to support the development of the functions ready for software coding by our industrialisation partners.
- One day you might be analysing system level requirements and conversion into vehicle and actuation control strategies, the next, creating logical and physical views to support control development. And, along the way, you'll regularly liaise with our Chassis Systems teams to ensure full integration with other vehicle systems.
- Ensuring systems are compliant with functional safety ISO 26262 requirements, validating control and plant models, testing control functions in vehicle and on test rigs and documenting all design and test work - all are aspects of this multi-faceted role
What we expect from you:
- Ideally, you have a relevant degree or equivalent experience. You'll certainly need to be a competent Matlab and Simulink/Stateflow user with a good understanding of applicable modelling techniques and sensing and actuation technologies.
- We'll also be looking for knowledge of Control theory knowledge and electronics and vehicle networking, not to mention excellent systematic problem solving abilities and great communication skills.
- Comfortable working as part of a team in a fast-paced development environment, experience of a similar role in an automotive, marine or motorsport environment would be an advantage, but is not essential. Similarly, a strong vehicle dynamics background is a welcome attribute, but not a deal breaker.
- Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme
- Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you will find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team.
- As well as the impressive benefits that all our employees receive (including a privilege car purchase scheme, competitive pension scheme and 26 days holiday entitlement), there are some additional benefits open to our Managers.
- This includes access to our highly competitive Employee Car Ownership (ECO) scheme which provides a client branded car at extremely favourable cost compared to traditional company car lease schemes.
- In addition to the car scheme we provide private health cover (which includes travel insurance) and performance-related bonus schemes.